Friday, September 19, 2008

he can do, she can do, why not me...

I train in a Korean martial art founded by Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim, Jung SuWon. At the end of class, after pushing ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally, we cheer our selves on with the chant, "He can do, she can do, why not me!"

Mediating on this saying, I find that it is an answer to a question that I ask myself when pushed to my limits and not believing I can do anymore. "How can I do this?"

I can draw strength from those that have come before me. I am not the first to be challenged, to be pushed. Yet there are those that were able to rise above the obstacles and claim victory. He was able to do it. She was able to do it. Why not me? If it is possible, it can be done. Why not me.

And then something special happens. In overcoming my challenge, I become part of that foundation for those who encounter their own challenges and search for the answers to overcome and claim victory.

"He Can do! She Can do! Why not me!"

No comments: